Travel Documentation


You will need a current passport if you are travelling abroad. It is your responsibility to ensure your passport is up to date. Some countries require UK and Turks and Caicos Islands passports to be valid for at least six months after the date you are due to leave their country.

You may also need a valid visa if you are travelling to a country which requires one. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has travel advice for all countries including information on visa requirements for UK and Turks and Caicos Islands passport holders.

Transit visas

If you are landing at an airport to join a connecting flight (not in your destination country), you may need an additional visa to transit through the airport in that country.

Travel to the United States now require passengers to purchase an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) to enter the country. You can find out more from the ESTA website.

Domestic flights

Some airlines accept photo driving licences and other forms of ID for domestic flights, but many don’t so check your airline’s website when you book your flights. If you turn up with the wrong type of ID you will not be able to fly and you are unlikely to get your money back.


Information about tickets and related topics can be found on our page about tickets, fares and schedule changes.

Vaccination certificates

If you are travelling abroad, you may need vaccinations when visiting certain countries and, possibly, documentation to prove it. You should make an appointment with your GP or practice nurse, to discuss where you are travelling to and which vaccinations you will need. You will need to let them know well in advance when you are travelling (what season) and for how long.

Grand Turk Office
Providenciales Office
Quick Links